The Operation of an HVAC System
Your HVAC unit is an important part of your cooling and heating system. There are many different elements in an HVAC unit. Here is a brief overview of an HVAC system and its components.
What is an HVAC System?
HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. These units provide cooling and heating to many homes and businesses, and they’re becoming increasingly popular for new buildings. The heating element is usually a boiler or a furnace. A ventilation system can either use natural air flow or a forced air system. The AC component cools the air down for the entire system. An HVAC ventilation system gives you a better quality of indoor air than a traditional air conditioner.
How Does an HVAC System Work?
The three functions of the HVAC system all work together to provide you with thermal comfort and better indoor air quality. There are nine different components to your HVAC system: the air return, filter, exhaust outlets, ducts, electrical elements, outdoor unit, compressor, coils and blower. If you want to properly maintain your system, you need to become familiar with these components and what they do. Here is a brief breakdown:
- Air Return: Draws in air through a filter and passes it to the main system
- Filter: Also draws air into the system
- Exhaust Outlets: Expels exhaust the system creates
- Ducts: Channels cooled or heated air throughout the space
- Electrical Elements: Powers the system
- Outdoor Unit: Placed outside, it provides constant air flow to the entire system
- Compressor: Converts gas refrigerant into a liquid and sends it to the coils
- Coils: Also located outside, air passes through them with help from the refrigerant
- Blower: Draws in warm air throughout the main unit
If you live in Palm Desert, CA, and are interested in installing a new HVAC system, make sure contact Breeze Air Conditioning for a quote. Our technicians will find the right system for your home or business. They can also design custom HVAC systems, repair or maintain your current air conditioner, install a new air conditioner, repair your current heating unit or replace your heating unit with an energy-efficient model.Tags: Air Conditioning Repair, HVAC